Effective July 01, 2019
This policy describes how TMCG collects, handles and stores the information we collect from you when you use any of our communication platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Voice Calls, Video Calls and the website).
What data do we collect?
TMCG collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number(s), gender, age, date of birth, address, occupation, next of kin, marital status)
- Past medical history (illnesses, medication, most recent hospitalizations and known allergies)
How do we collect your information?
Automatically collected information
Our servers automatically collect the following information regarding devices that access our site: device characteristics (including device ID for mobile devices), operating system, browser type, IP address, username from stored cookies if present, dates and times of each login, page viewing statistics, and incoming and outgoing links. We use this automatically-collected anonymous data to analyze how our site is used so as to keep them optimized, determine the popularity and usefulness of various features, to enable users with usernames to access their membership information. We also use such data to enable us to comply with copyright law, and to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security, courts, and law enforcement.
None of this information is “personal data”, and may not be used to identify a specific person.
Interactively collected information
Information you choose to give us
If you sign up with a username, we handle it in the same way as an automatically collected username except that if you don’t allow cookies, you have to enter your username each time you log in. Occasionally, we may run a contest or other type of promotion, and to enable us to award prizes to the winners as well as comply with the applicable laws, we collect real names and contact information – so if you win a contest, we’ll ask for that information and we’ll use it only for those two specific purposes.
You directly provide TMCG with the data we collect. We collect and process this data when you:
- Register on our website.
- Place an order via our E-shop.
- Place a voice or video call to TMCG.
- Make an inquiry via WhatsApp or SMS.
- Voluntarily respond to our client survey via email or SMS.
We will send you messages regarding our services, products or promotions that we think might be of interest to you once in a while and you’ll be able to voluntarily opt-out at any point in time.
TMCG may also collect your data indirectly from other sources:
TMCG may collect some information from other third-party applications such as Facebook, Twitter, when you subscribe to our services, participate in surveys, login into our websites using a third-party login system (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), or otherwise communicate with us. This information or a combination of more than one type of information might be personally identifiable information such as name, age, gender, marital status, next of kin, insurance ID, address or telephone. When you provide this information to us, you are no longer anonymous to TMCG.
TMCG does not take any steps to protect the privacy of information you volunteer about yourself in public forums or other publicly accessible sections of our websites for example Twitter, Facebook posts and comments etc.
How does TMCG secure and store your information?
We take precautions to protect collected personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, taking into account the risk level and the nature of the data. You are responsible for taking every reasonable precaution on your end to protect any unauthorized person from accessing your TMCG account.
During data transport, data is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect your personal information. The data is then stored and anonymized in secure TMCG databases.
However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
How is your information used?
We use this information for carefully considered business purposes that also benefit our customers and which include the following:
- To improve our services and products.
- To develop new services and products that meet your needs.
- To provide support for our services and products.
- For internal quality control purposes.
- To provide you with promotions on services and products we offer that we think might be of interest to you.
- To enhance your experience with our website, by saving your preferences.
- To analyze website usage.
- To protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of TMCG, our employees, customers and the public and to monitor compliance with and enforce the terms of any agreement with TMCG
- Processing orders and requests for products, services or information.
- Conducting research (scientific research regarding human subjects, technology and pharmaceutical products) and analysis.
- Communicating the celebration of special events (these can be both TMCG events and personalized events like birthdays).
- Communicating client and (or) user surveys.
As TMCG, we will send you information about our products and services that we think you might like. You have the right at any time to stop TMCG from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send STOP MKT to 8080 to opt-out.
Please note that your request will be processed within 14 days and that during that time, you may continue to receive messages from TMCG about our products or services or promotions. Important to note, you will continue to receive transactional information from TMCG, such as information relating to your account or payment or bill information regardless of whether you have unsubscribed from receiving advertising and promotional material. We will also occasionally check the quality of service you have received via messages, email and voice calls.
Information shared with third parties
We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who we have engaged to help us provide the services only after ensuring that these third parties have agreed not to use or disclose your personal information except to help us provide the services.
We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related site information. This data reflects site-usage patterns gathered during visits to our website each month, but they do not contain behavioural or identifying information about any individual member unless that member has given us permission to share. We may disclose aggregated information about users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We also reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information if we are required to do so by law, or in the good faith; that disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect or advance the rights, property, safety, or well-being of our company, our employees, customers, or the public and to prevent or mitigate a serious and imminent threat to public health or safety or the life or health of the data subject or another individual.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children below 18 years of age. If we become aware that we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to:
- Access your account information by logging into your account. If you opt not to provide your personal data, you can still access our websites; however, you will not gain access to certain services that require specific information for legal and verification purposes.
- Choose the type of information that you would like to receive from the company.
- Request that TMCG corrects any personal information that you believe is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
- Stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Request to be unsubscribed or personally unsubscribe from some or all of the TMCG services. This may include but is not limited to the deactivation or deletion of your user account.
For legal reasons, we may retain backup and/or archive copies of information prior to your corrections, amendments, or deletions.
How long will TMCG retain your personal data?
TMCG will retain your information for a period of seven years as per the Ministry of Health Uganda guidelines.
Our websites may provide links to other websites or resources. This Policy applies only to our websites. You should carefully review the privacy policies and practices of other websites, as we cannot control or be responsible for their privacy practices.
How to contact us
Please direct privacy-related issues, questions, comments or complaints to one of the following:
Tel: +257 312 747000
WhatsApp: +256 790512074
Postal Mail: The Medical Concierge Group
P.O Box 1390,
The policy was last updated on 1st July 2019