Job title: Telehealth Nurse
Reporting to: Clinical Manager
Duty Station: Uganda.
The Telehealth Nurse will be the first contact for patients attending the teleclinic services of Rocket Health while ensuring smooth patient flow from the time of encounter to the time they are done with their clinical appointment. The role will also include; user engagement data collection and reporting, assisting in minor surgical procedures, handling family planning services and field vaccinations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that client appointments at the teleclinic are well prepared for.
- Warmly welcoming and receiving clients and ensuring that they are comfortable.
- Accurately and completely recording client’s information into the Electronic Medical Record system and other information systems.
- Assisting in minor surgical procedures.
- Handling family planning services.
- Ensuring that follow-ups are done to seek feedback on client experience for quality improvement.
- Administer vaccinations at the clinic and in the field.
- Ensuring that infection prevention techniques are observed at all times.
- Take part in any extension field work that may be attached to the activities of various projects that the company will engage in from time to time including but not limited to Laboratory sample pick-ups, pharmacy/medicine delivery services and manning the teleclinics.
- Submission of shift and monthly reports as required by the Clinical Services Manager.
- Account for supplies at the clinic.
- Conduct PHC and health education.
- Participate in departmental and staff meetings and contribute to the general improved productivity of self and company.
- Participating in Digital Health Research
- Continuous Medical Education
- Telehealth Quality Management
- To perform any other appropriate tasks assigned from time to time related to the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate, or Diploma in Nursing/ Comprehensive Nursing.
- Must be registered with the UNMC and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a clinical or dispensing role.
- Proficiency with computers and technology i.e the person should be adept at typing, Microsoft Office products, email, social media, and search tools.
Job Skills and person specification
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information and able to follow policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and proactivity.
- Ability to assist in minor surgical procedures.
- Conversant with all family planning techniques.
- Ability to account for supplies at the teleclinic.
- High level of motivation to accomplish tasks within the required time frame.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Team Work
- Customer service
Deadline: 31st March 2022