Job title: Pharmacy Technician
Reporting to: Pharmacist
Duty Station: Uganda.
The Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for filling prescriptions from the doctors and delivery of medicines to clients to their specific locations.
The technician will work together with the pharmacist and clinical team to ensure that the right medicines in their right doses are delivered to clients in their right conditions while ensuring excellent customer care.
Duties and responsibilities
- Fill prescriptions from the Doctors and any other prescriptions received at the pharmacy.
- Deliver Medicines and other off the counter items as prescribed or requested by the clients exactly adhering to the laid out Standard Operating Procedures.
- To provide drug information to patients upon delivery in order to improve better understanding of the medication and improve adherence.
- To document and maintain dispensing records.
- Participate in periodic physical stock counts to reconcile physical stock and the electronic records.
- Maintain stock inventory records of all medicines and items in the pharmacy by completing daily records.
- Delivering excellent customer service as a resource for patient information and strengthening the relationship between clients and Rocket Health.
- Take up any other roles as assigned by the pharmacist
Qualifications and experience
- A diploma in Pharmacy/nursing
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a dispensing role.
- Good understanding of electronic point of sale and inventory electronic systems.
- Must be registered and hold a valid current Allied health professional council practicing license
Job Skills & person Specifications
- Good Pharmacy and dispensing skills.
- Excellent communication skills in fluent English.
- Ability to follow instructions and with keen attention to detail.
- Flexible with the ability to work in changing environments.
- High levels of organization and concentration.
- Good grasp of computer skills.
- Competence and ability to ride a motorcycle is an added advantage
- Honesty and Integrity
- Customer service
Deadline: 31st March 2022