Job title: Laboratory Technician
Reporting to: Laboratory Manager
Duty Station: Uganda.
The laboratory technician will be responsible for collection of blood and other test specimens as requested by the doctors and clinicians. The technician will work closely with the lab supervisor to ensure the client specimens are collected and delivered to the lab properly while maintaining specimen integrity. The technician will also deliver excellent customer service acting as a resource for patient information and strengthen the relationship between the clients and The Medical Concierge Group.
Duties and responsibilities
- To utilize high quality technical skills to accurately collect and label test specimens exactly as outlined in each clinic requisition as guided by the standard operating procedures
- Identify the most technically appropriate method for obtaining specimens with regards to the different categories of clients ranging from pediatric to geriatric while causing minimal discomfort.
- Process and prepare collected specimens for laboratory testing. Perform precise and accurate rapid screening procedures where applicable as directed by the standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all collected test specimens are packaged well, delivered to the Lab and timely results received by the doctors at the Rocket Health call center.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service as an ambassador of the company in the community.
- Provide good feedback from the Rocket Health client community via customer interactions to enable lab management to carry out strategic planning.
- Participate in and support all Rocket Health Lab quality assurance and quality improvement programs.
- Assist the laboratory supervisor in the compilation of data for the laboratory’s monthly reports
- Perform any other related task that may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a credit score in math and English at UCE.
- A diploma or higher in a medical laboratory science field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a busy clinical or medical research laboratory
- Must be registered and hold a valid current Allied health professional council practicing license.
- Experience in fieldwork is an added advantage.
Job Skills and person specification
- Excellent phlebotomy skills following good clinical laboratory practice (GCLP) guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills in fluent English.
- Ability to follow instructions and with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well individually and within a team.
- Flexible with the ability to work well under pressure and in changing environments.
- High levels of organization and concentration.
- Good grasp of computer skills.
- Competence in motorcycle riding is a must
- Honesty and Integrity
- Customer service
- Team Work
Deadline: 31st March 2022