Job title: Clinical Officer
Reporting to: Clinical Manager
Duty Station: Uganda.
The Clinical Officer will offer first line response to users’ inquiries across the telehealth platforms and physical avenues for the purpose of health/wellness promotion and guidance. The role will also include; content development, user engagement data collection and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting users to meet their health information needs via voice call interactions in a timely, articulate, effective and compassionate way.
- Accurately and completely recording every user’s information into the Electronic Medical Record System.
- Attending to clients scheduled for physical examination at the teleclinics.
- Following up users to confirm resolution of inquiry and seek feedback on user experience for quality improvement.
- Handling minor surgical procedures and family planning procedures at the teleclinic.
- Take part in any extension field work that may be attached to the activities of various projects that Rocket Health will engage in from time to time including but not limited to Laboratory sample pick-ups, pharmacy/medicine delivery services and manning the teleclinics.
- Submission of shift and monthly reports as required by the Clinical Services Manager
- Participate in departmental and staff meetings and contribute to the general improved productivity of self and company.
- Mobile Health Content Development
- Digital Health Research
- Field based outreaches and activities.
- Continuous Medical Education
- Telehealth Quality Management
- To perform any other appropriate tasks assigned from time to time related to the position.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine/Orthopedic/Pharmacy.
- Must be registered with the AHPC and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a clinical role.
Job Skills and person specification
- Must have a good clinical acumen.
- Proficiency with computers and technology – the person should be adept at typing, Microsoft Office products, email, social media, and search tools.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information and able to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle will be added advantage
- A sound knowledge of telephone etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and proactivity.
- Ability to carry out minor surgical procedures.
- Conversant with all family planning techniques.
- High level of motivation to accomplish tasks within the required time frame
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Customer service
Deadline: 31st March 2022